Friday, October 15, 2004

WAS fixpack

My current WAS version is 5.1.0.3 and try to applying WebSphere Application Server 5.1.0 Cumulative Fix 5 (5.1.0.5). First, I get the fixpack from :

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&uid=swg24007453&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8〈=en

It's a quite simple but li'll bit scary coz this my first time and the WAS is on production system.
I don't know where to start. So I start to reading README file from the link above, then I know what should I do.

If you find the subject of "Finding the readme_updateinstaller.txt, readme_updateinstaller.html and readme_updateinstaller.pdf files", and don't know where the file is, just follow the link bellow:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ws51help/index.jsp?tab=search&searchWord=+readme_updateinstaller+5.1.0.5&maxHits=50

here is the step to applying the fixpack...

1. Download the fixpack.
2. Unpack the zip file in C:\Websphere\update (FYI, my WAS installed in C:\Websphere)
3. Stop the WAS using stopServer command
4. Run C:\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\SetupCmdLine.bat to set JAVA_HOME path
5. Then run C:\Websphere\update\updateWizard.bat and follow the wizard, just click next and next ... until finish



No comments:

Followers